The SelfStudyforIAS.com’s Modern Indian History booklet is a compilation of the most important and nearly all the topics of Modern Indian History mentioned in General Studies – 1 syllabus for IAS exam. The content is also available for online reading under our General Studies-1 course. All the topics have been prepared with content inputs from IAS exam toppers. The topics are comprehensive, in-depth and cover many dimensions as per the need of the exam. You can check the quality of our content by clicking on the open topics available for online reading .Since many candidates have requested for print booklets of the said topic, SelfStudyforIAS has come up with such compilation and the content of the booklet is as follows:
|UPSC Modern Indian History Syllabus
||SelfStudyforIAS Modern Indian History booklet contents
- Modern Indian History from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues.
- The Freedom Struggle — its various stages and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence Consolidation and Reorganization within the country.
|Modern Indian History from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues.
- Decline of Mughal Empire
- European penetration in India
- British Expansion in India
- Structure of British Raj
- Impact of British Rule
- Social and Relegious movements in British India
- Peasant Movements and Tribal uprisings
- Revolt of 1857
- Rise of Indian Nationalism
- Foundation of INC
- The Moderates
- The Extremists
- Swadeshi Movement
- Surat Split 1907
- Home Rule Movement
- Revolutionary Movements
- Rise of Gandhi
- Non Cooperation Movement
- Civil Disobedience Movement
- Nationalism and Peasant Movements
- Nationalism and Working class Movements
- Elections of 1937 and Cripps India Mission
- Quit India Movement
- Constitutional Developments in colonial India
Post-independence Consolidation and Reorganization within the country.
- Integration of Princely states
- The Linguistic Reorganization of the states
- Question of Official Language
- Land Reforms ( 1947 – 1970 )
- Land Reforms ( After 1970 )
- Environment Movements in Modern India
- Progress of Science in Post Independence India
- Nehru Foreign Policy
- India and Her Neighbours